Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mommy's Little Helper

Devin is such a little helper in her own little way!

The other day while I was trying to convert her crib from a drop side crib to a stationary crib, I put the matress on the floor in her room next to me. She quietly went back and forth from her bookshelf getting books to read then sitting on the matress and reading. Every now and then she would come over and pat me on the head or look to see what I was doing.

From May 10


From May 10


Then later that afternoon, I was in charge of the main course for Supper Club. She refused to take a nap this day, and we had already had a very busy day so she was getting really tired and wanted to be held and see what I was doing. In a moment of pure deperation, I got out one of my mixing bowls and a real spoon. I put a little shredded cheese in the bowl and asked her if she could stir it for me. She was MORE than happy to help me with this task and it gave me just enough time to finish preparing my meal.

She had to taste test the cheese as she was going...
From May 10


I had also brought out a step stool and placed it far enough away so that she could step up and see what I was doing, but not get her hands on the stove burners or my knife.

From May 10


Once she was done stirring and tasting, it was time to play with it...
From May 10

No comments: