Saturday, June 27, 2009

6 Month Checkup

Devin had her 6 month checkup this month! She is in the 97th percentile on height and the 55th percentile on weight. I will post those tomorrow when I can go into her room to get the numbers without taking a chance of waking her! ha!

She is right on track as far as milestones and seems to be doing really well.

Here are some of the things she is doing now:

She is in a size 3 diaper.
She is in 6-9 month clothes b/c she is so long!
She weighs 16 lbs 3.5 ozs
She is 26 3/4 inches long
She babbles all the time now with lots of words that sound a lot like dada (of course!)
She can sit on her own now and is pretty stable.
She is eating solids.
She has slept through the night (8 hours) 4 times in the past two weeks. (Hopefully we are on our way to this happening most every night soon.)
She is very independent and would rather play on her own on the floor than be held, unelss she is really tired.
Lately, when she is tired, we can lay her in her crib with her lovie and she will go to sleep on her own without being nursed to sleep.
Same thing at night.
She bangs anything and everything she can get her hands on.
If she is in my lap while I am eating, she opens her mouth anytime I am trying to take a bit of my food as if I am going to give her a bite.
She is mesmerized by her big sissy.
She is now riding in her big girl stroller rather than the car seat one when she isn't being worn.
She prefers to sleep on her side or tummy instead of her back these days now that she can roll into both of these positions easily.
She has a lovie that she sleeps and cuddles with anytime she is in her crib.

I am sure there are many more new things she is doing now that she wasn't before. It seems like everyday she does something new! Now Kortnee is here and she will get to be a part of some of the new everyday things that we are experiencing!

Here are a few pics of Devin the day she got her 6 month shots. She was sort of pathetic and really tired afterwards. I was working at home so I got her set up in a nice comfy position and she had a really nice little nap on the floor next to me while I worked on the floor.

Notice how she is holding the dogs ear...
From June 09


From June 09


From June 09


From June 09


Her first ride in her big girl stroller
From June 09

No comments: