Saturday, May 16, 2009

13 years old!

It just doesn't seem possible that our sweet little Kortnee is going to be a teenager tomorrow. Where has the time gone?!?!

I remember back to the first time I met her. We were going on vacation to visit Chris' mom. It was the first time I was meeting any of his family and the first time I met Kortnee and I was a nervous wreck! Numerous times on the car ride there, while her daddy was not in the car, and I let her jump up in the front seat with me, she told me. " I don't like you very much!" Thankfully now we look back and we both laugh about that. She can't even remember it as she was only 2! Heck, we were both young and had a lot of bonding in our future!

I have been so blessed over the years to share my life with Kortnee and her daddy. There have been so many wonderful Christmases, Thanksgivings and Summers that we have gotten to share together and have lots of fun. I like to refer to myself as the wicked stepmom with her. I guess I am lucky, probably really really lucky that she just laughs at this and doesn't SEEM to agree. :) And now she has a baby sister. She loved her at Christmas when she met her and she was just a few weeks old, and even though she wouldn't admit it to anyone, it was obvious to us. Boy, is she going to have a fun summer with her now that she has so much personality! AND, I am totally experienced at getting out of the house with her too now...Korntee had to help me the first time. That pour girl was going stir crazy I am sure as she and I both are used to going going going nonstop together. She was SO HAPPY that I said I needed to run some errands even though I was nervous as heck about taking my barely 2 week old baby out. She was the only reason I held it together on that trip and didn't fall apart, evne though I tried to more than once. She took it all in stride and just laughed with me about it. She is the perfect shopping buddy. And there will be lots of shopping in our future!

Here are a few pics of her over the years. I don't have any of the pre digital ones scanned in yet and can't get to them right now b/c of the "secret" project going on in that room.

Happy 13th Birthday Kortnee! We love you so very much and couldn't be more proud of the lovely young lady you have become!

One of my very favorite pics
From May 09


From May 09


From May 09


From May 09


From May 09


From May 09


From May 09


From May 09


From May 09


From May 09


From May 09


From June 08


From July 08


From July 08


From December 08


From December 08

No comments: