Monday, February 7, 2011

It's a ......

BOY!!!!

From Sono & Belly Pics-2010


Chris and I are absolutely delighted! We found out right before the New Year and have been so incredibly excited since! Chris' lifelong dream of having a little boy has finally come true and we couldn't be happier!

I am 19 weeks today and this is what my baby belly looks like:

From Sono & Belly Pics-2010


Here is my belly at 17 weeks:
From Sono & Belly Pics-2010


I have been feeling so much better lately! I have gained about 5 pounds so far and am still wearing all of my normal clothes. I am going to give in and get some maternity jeans pretty soon though because my others are getting uncomfortable when I have to sit for a long time. I have really started feeling our boy kicking a lot in the past week or so. I felt it so much earlier with Devin, at closer to 13 weeks, so I have been patiently waiting for him to start jabbing me more! I think I felt my first kicks at 17 weeks but they are far more frequent now. I have been sleeping much better lately and have had more energy overall compared to in the beginning.

Devin knows there is a baby in mommy's tummy and will sometimes even talk about it without us bringing it up. She also pats my belly and gives it kisses which is so sweet! She has no real idea what it means for our family, but I know that once she gets past the initial adjustment of having a baby around all the time, she is going to be a great big sister.

I am amazed at how differently everything feels this time. I remember being so obsessed with my pregnancy the first time around. While it still consumes many of my thoughts, it feels like the weeks are flying by before I know it. I haven't started worrying about buying things yet as I know we have a lot of the necessities we will need. I will buy some sleepers and some clothes, some diapers, and extra baby monitor and a few other odds and ends. I want to get a nursery ready at some point, but I am in no hurry to move Devin out of her crib and know baby boy will sleep in the bassinet in our room for awhile anyway. I guess this is what happens when you have a toddler that keeps you on your toes non stop!

We can't wait to meet our sweet little boy this Summer but really trying to enjoy the time we have left with Devin as the only little one in the house.

1 comment:

error7zero said...

Your photos always look nice, Sarah.
Thanks for keeping friends and family updated.