Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow Day

A few weeks ago we had record snowfall here in Texas...almost 12 inches total in a 24 hour period! It was incredible! It started on Thursday. I went into work that morning and left around 3 PM as the roads were getting worse and the temp was dropping and snow was very steadily falling. By the time we got home around 4, we discovered that we had no power. :( I bundled us all up a little more and decided to take some pics! I didn't take Devin out to play in the snow because the house was pretty cold and I wouldn't have anywhere warm to take her into. We ended up going to my parent's house for the night and from what the neighbors say, our power didn't come back on until about 4 AM. We really were lucky because there were many people without power for days, my boss included.

Keeping warm inside
From February 10


From February 10


This is the first day when there were probably 3-4 inches of snow. I didn't get any the next morning because I didn't have my camera and in the morning we were busy trying to get a huge tree limb off my car, and Chris to work on time. By the time I got out, it had really started melting, but believe me, it was a winter wonderland!

From February 10


From February 10


The dogs were trying to stay warm as well...
From February 10


From February 10


From February 10


From February 10


Look how deep the dog's footprints were...
From February 10

No comments: