Thursday, December 10, 2009

1 Year Old!

From December 09


Oh my, where did the time go. I just can't believe that my little ladybug is 1 year old! What is my "big girl" up to these days?

From December 09



*Devin is wearing a size 4 diaper.
*Devin is wearing 12-18 month clothes.
*Within days of her 11 month birthday, Devin started walking, and she has been walking all over the place ever since!
*She is saying lots of words that sounds familiar. The only ones that are very obvious are mama (which is her favorite lately, at least when she is with me :) ) and dada. She also says things that sound like dog, I did it, Thank you, Hi and Bye....
*Devin waves and claps like a maniac.
*Just this past week, on two different occasions, I was wiping something up from the floor, probably a mess she made. She loves to get on the floor with me and imitate what I am doing. It is so cute and so hard to believe how much she can comprehend these days. She is such a little copycat, with both actions and words!
*Devin has gotten quite the shy streak when around people she isn't around often. She always warms up eventually, but it takes a little while for her to come out of her shell.
*If Devin knows you well, she will literally jump out of my arms to see you!
*Devin got to Skype with her Grammy last weekend and she LOVED it! She watched Grammy Cherry on the computer screen and laughed and waved and clapped the whole time!
*She did the same thing when daddy was out of town and I put him on speaker phone for her. She tried to put the phone up to her ear like I do.
*Devin had her first birthday party last weekend and her first cupcake. To say she enjoyed it would be an understatement. It is probably the last one she will get for awhile too.
*Devin loves the dog water bowl. Any chance she gets she will rush to the bowl and splash everywhere!

From December 09


People tell you how fast the time goes by when you have a child, but until you have been blessed with one of your own, you really can't understand how fast they meant. It was just a year ago that I was still pregnant, and being induced and delivering our precious girl. Wow, what a difference a year makes!

No comments: