Friday, February 20, 2009

Back to the daily grind...

Well, I officially started working again this week...I have been working at home since about 4 weeks after delivery, but I started back in the office this week. I was really nervous about it but everything has gone very smoothly. I went to visit the daycare again to fill out paperwork last week and after visiting again, I was 100% confident in my decision with the place I had chosen. If I have to leave my precious baby girl somewhere, I am happy to leave her here. I really like the people, it is clean, affordable, and I am looking at it as an investment in her future...much like I would if it were private school or even college. I know it is early to be thinking that way but that is what makes it all OK for me.

Devin has done really well her first week in daycare. She has been exhausted but happy as a lark all week when she gets home. She is starting to go to sleep a little earlier each day and is sleeping longer at night. I am typically only waking up once to feed her each night which is fabulous. I know not to get too excited b/c this can change at any time but I am going to be happy while it is happening!

Work has been going well for me too. Fortunately, it is tax season and my favorite part of my job. Unfortunately it requires more than the standard 40 hours a week. I am lucky b/c I can work at home on the weekends which means I can spend a little more time with Devin on the weekends while she is home and awake. I missed her so much each day this week while I was at work. It feels like she got 10 times bigger over the week and is no longer a tiny infant baby but an little baby girl.

Her little personality is just blossoming! She smiles very regularly now which everyone is enjoying to the fullest. I finally convinced my mom this week to not hold her and to let her lay on the bed and play with her. When she holds her she just goes to sleep. On the bed my mom and my dad both got to witness her smiling and talking. Daddy must have really enjoyed it b/c when I came over again today he told me to bring her in his room and while I was in the other room putting her bag down I heard him arfing and making silly noises at her. She thought is was humorous enough to give him a lot of smiles....still didn't get a laugh out of her. I can't ever seem to catch a smile on camera though!

Speaking of laughs, I am doing anything and everything that I can that I think she might find funny to get a laugh out of her. She has had two small laughs after a bath many weeks ago but nothing recently. I can hardly wait for her to start laughing regularly!

Last weekend my cousin came in town and we started going through my aunt's garage. Man, you can actually enter the house through the garage now. It is strange every time you see someone come through the garage door rather than the front door. The garage was a huge mess but we got it cleaned and organized and found a ton of treasures from our childhood which was so much fun! Alison and I both got really excited about some of the items we came across. I can't believe Bird saved ALL of that stuff! She must have saved everything Alison and Clay every had!

Ok, enough rambling...onto the pictures!

My little valentine! I think my mom may have been right, her hair looks like it is turning red to me now.

From February 09


From February 09


The thing I miss most about working at home.
From February 09


From February 09


From February 09



A wonderful surprise from both of my valentines! :)
From February 09

No comments: