Thursday, June 19, 2008

I can't believe my eyes!

So I am in my office today minding my own business. I hear something loud that sort of sounded like someone had fallen down the stairs. I checked and didn't see anything so I went back to work. A little later my coworker comes in and asks me if I saw the tree next door. She wouldn't even tell me what happened, just said, you have to go look and be sure to walk all the way down the driveway to get the full effect.

OH MY GOSH! This is a huge tree! It looks like someone leaned on it and it just fell over. They have been working on the street and I actually came in from that direction this morning and didn't notice it nor did anyone else so I think it just happened. We had some storms this morning with some high winds but all of that had long passed by the time I heard the thud. My coworker left shortly before that and came back and that is when she noticed it so we think it just happened. I can't imagine what these people will think when they get home. There is a huge pipe in the roots too...hope all the plumbing is OK. I am amazed by how small the whole and roots really are for such a big tree. It is a good thing they aren't working on the street today b/c of the rain b/c someone could have been killed. It is a good thing too it fell how it did b/c it could have caused some really serious damage to that house as well as my boss' house that they just finished remodeling this week!







Isn't that just crazy?!?!

No comments: