Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thank you...

Thank you mom for being the person you are. It was a little over a year ago that I received that call from dad with the news no person ever wants to hear, especially about their parent. Almost exactly a year ago you started an intense course of 5 day a week chemo and radiation. You fought through your own personal hell to get better so you could continue to be with your family and watch that baby that you love so much grow up.

And now a year later I am so thankful to be able to pick up the phone and talk to you, my mom, who can always tell right away when something is wrong and can always make me feel better just by being there.

I am looking so forward to the holidays this year and getting to share them with you this year, unlike last year. I just hope that my children grow up to love me the same way that I love you and need me the same way that I need you and that they don't have to lose me, or ever even have that fear, for that to happen.

What a difference a year makes. Here's to a new year of health and happiness for my family!

And I know you want new pictures but you will have to settle for this silly one today. I love you mommy! Thanks for teaching me so much about love and compassion and never giving up on the things I believe in!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: