Sunday, March 15, 2009

Such a big girl already

Chris and I went to a baby shower last night for a friend of mine who is having a baby. I think all of my friends are pregnant right now. I have at least 5 friends who are expecting right now. Isn't that crazy? And I have a lot of friends who have had a baby in the past couple months before I had Devin. Needless to say there are A LOT of babies around me these days!

So I was having a conversation with one of my friends who had a baby in August. It was interesting to think about the difference b/w our babies now, who are just a few months apart, and then a year from now. In that first year of life, a few months makes a world of difference as they are meeting so many major milestones each day of their life. In a year from now, a few months won't make such a big difference. I hadn't really thought about it that way before.

So last night was our first official outing without the baby. My mom and dad watched Devin and I think they really enjoyed themselves. We go over there enough that my parent's see what I do with her and how I handle her when she is upset etc so they felt really ready. Chris and I enjoyed ourselves at the shower and since it was pretty early when we left, we stopped and got some food and a drink before we went to pick up the little lady. We tried out this new wine bar here called Winslow's that is right down the street from my parent's house. I had a great glass of wine and Chris tried a local beer. We shared a tenderloin pizza that was wonderful with Gorgonzola cheese and everything! We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary of being together this week so it was the perfect time for us to have an adult outing!

As I mentioned above, babies are meeting so many milestones in their first year of life. Devin has totally discovered her hands and really likes to use them. She is grabbing her toys and if I hold a toy for her, she will try to spin the pieces on it after I have shown her how. She loves to sit up with our help, both in the bumbo as well as in our laps. She loves to stand up too and stretch those little lamb chops of hers. She is so proud of herself when you tell her how strong she is or what a big girl she is. She has started paying attention to the TV a lot more when we are playing with her. She is sleeping longer at night now, with typically one 5-6 hour stretch which I am more than grateful for! And as you have seen, she is talking up a storm! My mom has asked if I think she will talk as much as Edward and I do and think there is a good possibility she will talk our heads off just as much as we did to people....and still do! It has been so much fun seeing how much she changes everyday!

On to some pictures and more videos!

Trying out her exercauser...look at those eyes! I wonder where she got those from!





From March 09






From March 09


Busy day at the office...





From March 09


Look what Grandma Cherry sent her. Daddy can always get a reaction out of her.





From March 09
Working on her links





From March 09
Sitting up like a big girl





From March 09


And playing with her toys while sitting up. Looks like she is enjoying herself doesn't it?





From March 09


Now for some videos:
There is our little Maggie Simpson with her paci! And who can resist that smile?


No comments: