Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Slices of Life-Devin style!

It has been awhile since I have done a Devin update with pictures. It seems like I don't have a lot of time to post on my blog these days and when I do, I try to keep up with Coop's monthly updates. And with that, Devin gets left out.

Just for my records, my mom got diagnosed with cancer again this year in March 2012. This is the 3rd time now and this time it is stage IV and incurable. She has been in a clinical trial and in and out of the hospital since being diagnosed. Between Dr's visits with mom, and just trying to spend every minute that we could with her, the blog has taken a back seat. She is currently in hospice. She has been there since 7/23/12. She is still hanging on. It is surprising to everyone including the nurses that she is still here, but it just goes to show how strong her will is. She has been mostly unresponsive for a little over a week now with brief periods where she comes to for a few minutes or will react when one of us is speaking to her. She can't really speak but has muttered I love you a few times and a few other words every now and then. This part has been really hard on my dad, my brother and me. It is like she is gone already, but her body is still here and she is still living. Thankfully she is comfortable and her pain is well controlled by a continuous morphine drip with an extra bolus of it when needed. But it is torture to see her like this. We are all ready for her to find peace and gain some closure so that we can grieve in the ways that we need to.

But now that I have documented that a little bit since it has been such a huge part of our life lately, I thought I would show you some of my favorite Devin pics! She is the sweetest funniest little girl with such a huge personality!

We went on a fun trip to the Zoo with my boss and her mom, niece and great nephew Gavin. Gavin and Devin are only two weeks apart and his mom Chelsea and I had so much fun being pregnant together!

From April 2012

From April 2012

Devin is always the willing helper in the kitchen, be it dishes, cooking, or asking to have a bite!

From April 2012

From April 2012

From May 2012

These two although they fight constantly, are thick as thieves!

From April 2012

From May 2012

From May 2012

From June 2012

She has had a ball playing with all of her aunts, uncles and cousins....
From May 2012

From May 2012

From June 2012

From May 2012

From June 2012


She is a great little traveler! Her brother screamed and cried for 2 1/2 of the 3 hour drive to Austin. Devin was all about it!

From May 2012

Devin and her daddy have a really special relationship and love each other like crazy!

From May 2012

From June 2012

She also has a really special relationship with mommy too!
From June 2012

That girl has so much personality and always a smile on her face!
From May 2012

From May 2012

From May 2012

From May 2012


Just like Coop, she loves to play in the water...

From May 2012

That girl is all about play play play. She loves to make huge meals out of her play food and line up all her dolls to eat. She loves to dress up both alone and with friends. Playing with her babies. Her favorite activity lately is to color.

From June 2012

From June 2012

From June 2012

Sissy would be one of her favorite people in the world!
From June 2012

From June 2012

She took swim lessons this Summer and made great progress in her abilities in the water. She also discovered she can touch the bottom in the shallow end. That opened up an entire new world for her!

From June 2012

From June 2012

Her Aunt Sally took her for her first really beauty shop experience!!! She had the best time ever getting pampered. I am in trouble.
From June 2012

From June 2012

From June 2012

I love this picture of her shopping with me. She looks so much like my Aunt Bird to me here...
From June 2012

I think I will end it for now. That gets me caught up through June. From now on my posts will most likely be about both kids and the adventures they are on. I will still post updates individually every now and then.


No comments: