Thursday, August 18, 2011

2 1/2 (30 months)

It has been awhile since I did an update on Devin!

From June 11


*Devin weighs about 30 pounds.
*Devin wears size 3T in a lot of things, but we buy 4T in shirts and dresses since she is so tall and thing get too short on her fast!
*She wears a size 8 shoe.
*Devin has become a really picky eater over the last 6 months. She will put just about anything in her mouth but will spit it right back out if she doesn't want it. Just recently, she is starting to get slightly less picky again, but it might just be a fluke so I am not holding my breath on that one!

From June 11


*Devin talks constantly and carries on conversations about anything and everything.
*Devin has been fully potty trained for quite some time, but she rarely has accidents these days. They do still happen from time to time.
*Devin has really been into imaginative play lately and will cook a 4 course meal in her kitchen and serve it and tell you "careful it's hot" and other things like that.
*Devin sings constantly! She comes home singing new songs everyday, and they are all the familiar songs from my childhood so I can sing them with her.

From June 11


*Devin also sings a long with the radio constantly which I would expect but I still think it is so funny everytime I notice it.
*Devin has really gotten a grasp on her colors, shapes and knows all of her ABC's. She can't recognize the ABC's yet, but she can say them all in order. We need to start working on recognizing them more.
*Devin became a big sister to Cooper recently and she absolutely adores him. She has been such a good big sister and it is so fun to watch her mommy him. She has also started paying more attention to her dolls since he has arrived. I hope she continues to adore him the way she does now.
*Devin is hilarious and says some of the funniest things to us! I wish I could just record her all the time because we forget so quickly!

From June 11


*Devin has also really been interested in the difference between boys and girls lately. She goes through the list of everyone she knows and tells me either "her a girl" or "he a boy". We have also been practicing the proper names for the female and male anatomy. Now that she has a baby brother, she is starting to really understand the difference, so it seems.
*We have been working the last few months on getting Devin to go to sleep on her own again. She did it for about 6 months, but when we got rid of paci, she started making us stay in her room while she fell asleep. We would sit in a chair by the door. We are getting closer and closer to leaving each night without mass hysterics....we still have bad nights though, but we are getting there.
*Devin is so sweet and loving to the people she loves. She will grab both of your cheaks and give you a kiss and when she hugs you, she pats you on the back.

From June 11


*In the past month, we finally turned Devin's car seat forward facing and moved her to the drivers side. We spent a few days before Cooper got here practicing entering on the passenger side still and crawling across so that I can avoid having her in the street when possible, as well as have her be getting into her seat while I get Cooper situated, and then i come across and buckle her in.
*Devin is very possesive of her brother as well as her mommy. When I walk into her school, if any other children try to touch me or Cooper, she gets between them and us and tells them "My Cooper" or " My mommy".
*The other night, she was sitting at the bar and she told me "Mommy, I love Cooper. He's my Cooper, not R's!" (R is her friend from school)

From June 11


I just want to cry when I look at these pictures and see such a beautiful little girl both inside and out who doesn't have an ounce of baby left in her.

No comments: