Wednesday, August 19, 2009

8 Months Already?!?!

From August 09


Devin is 8 months old! What has Devin been up to you ask?

Devin weighs approx 18 lbs.

She is still wearing a size 3 diaper.

She is wearing 6-9 month clothes which she is quickly outgrowing!

Devin has two teeth!

Devin usually only naps for a total of 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day at daycare but at home she usually takes 2 naps that are an hour or more long and one 30 minute cat nap in the late afternoon.

Devin still isn't sleeping through the entire night, but she normally only wakes up once to eat....I'll take that anyday!

Devin loves to eat pretty much most purees we serve her. She is even starting to eat her rice puffs without gagging.

Devin is now eating 3 "solid" meals a day. Usually oatmeal in the morning, a veggie or fruit at lunch and a meat/veggie/fruit at dinner.

Devin finally mastered crawling!

My joke is that she only mastered crawling b/c she needed to get to things to pull up on which is her newest favorite past time.

Devin has also figured out how to get into the sitting position on her own. This is how I find her in her crib 99% of the time when she is calling for me.

After she pulls up on something, she can also sit down. I love to watch her b/c she is very deliberate in lowering herself to make sure she doesn't fall.

When I get to daycare to pick her up these days, she starts making a B-line for me...sure does make me feel loved.

With the exception of early last week when Devin was totally off her schedule from being on vacation and having visitors, Devin has been an absolute joy to be around! She laughs and plays and smiles and just loves life! She especially loves being mobile and independent.

Last week we ordered her a big girl car seat. She isn't really comfortable in her carrier anymore and it is very heavy so we don't carry it in places anymore...might as well go ahead and change her to a more comfortable seat! Be watching for pictures soon! We should get it today.

I don't think I could love anything more than my sweet little ladybug!

No comments: